A local church Epworth League began to hold summer camps at Suttle Lake on National Forest Service property in 1920. They held annual camps there and then secured a lease from the Forest Service in 1925. It now has two large lodges and a myriad of cabins, with the capability of providing hospitality for up to 200 people.

Click here to examine a historical account of the camp, itself an historical archive from 2005.


© 2014 Camp and Retreat Ministries:

A partnership between The Oregon-Idaho Conference of The United Methodist Church
and The Episcopal Diocese of Oregon