Pull out the binoculars .... the Spring Birding and Natural History Camp is open for registrations! This small adult camp will start at Suttle Lake Camp and then head to the Field Station at the famous Malheur National Refuge. Plan to experience a number of fascinating wonders of Central and Eastern Oregon, and, perhaps, add a few birds to your “life list”. Rev. Jim Monroe will serve as guide for these adventures, adding meaningful theological reflection on God’s wondrous creation.
For more information, please contact Suttle Lake Camp
What to Know Before You Go:
- Plan to arrive at Suttle Lake Camp between 3pm-5pm on Sunday, May 27. Please let the camp know if you will be arriving later on Sunday so they will not expect you for dinner OR if you’d like to arrive early please consider registering for our Round Up Volunteer Work Weekend.
- Click here for directions to camp.
- Monday morning we will begin our journey to Malhuer Field Station where we will stay for the remainder of the camp. We will return to Suttle Lake Camp on Friday, June 1st ready for departure by 4pm.
- Please print and mail a completed, signed Health Form to Suttle Lake Camp at least two weeks before camp starts or bring it to camp with you. If you have special dietary needs, please contact the camp at least two weeks in advance. (Contact information below.)
- Plan to pack for success:
- You'll need a warm sleeping bag, pillow, towel and toiletries.
- Weather in Southern Oregon can go through major changes in the course of just an hour or two (from hot sun to cold hail!) so bring lots of appropriate layers including rain gear.
- Your feet will thank you if you bring comfortable walking shoes that are preferably water resistant.
- You will likely also want some birding gear: binoculars, field identification guides and related books, journal, water bottle, bug spray, camera, tweed hat, and a spotting scope.
- Please be sure to bring a sense of wonder, discovery, and humor!
- For registration information, please contact our camp Registrar: 503-802-9214 or email@example.com
- For program or camp related questions, please contact Jane Petke, Suttle Lake Camp Director
- For road conditions call 511 or check http://www.tripcheck.com/