36th Annual Transformations Prayer Retreat
Leaders: Rev. Kate Conolly and Rev. Michael Powell
Greetings, fellow Transformers
We will be celebrating our 36th year of sharing contemplative prayer, stimulating discussions, nourishing food, outstanding fellowship, music and the magnificent manifestation of GOD (the Great Out Doors) at our beloved Suttle Lake.
The format will be similar to the last two years with as many meals and activities outdoors as possible. More information on the book for this year will come in the spring or early summer. We are both looking forward to being with you again.
May Christ be your shalom,
Kate & Michael
The Prayer Retreat is structured so that your days can be custom-made to provide you with the rhythm of community, solitude, and worship you need for spiritual renewal.
There are three worship experiences each day, grounded in daily scripture. Each morning begins with Holy Communion. At noon we gather for quiet, contemplative worship. At 5 o’clock we share an interactive worship time focusing on the scripture that we have lived with during the day. There is ample free time for rest, hiking, reading, and canoeing on the lake. Kate and Michael will lead evening programs.
All of this takes place in the beautiful and restorative setting of Suttle Lake Camp where your retreat will be grounded in Christ-like hospitality and delicious, nourishing meals.
IMPORTANT DETAILS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Please plan to check-in at camp between 3pm and 5pm on Sunday. Please call the camp if you plan to arrive at camp before or after this time.
- For directions to Suttle Lake camp, CLICK HERE
- Bring warm clothes and boots for outside and comfy slippers to wear inside. You'll also need a warm sleeping bag, towel and toiletries. A robe may be appreciated for the short walk down the hall to the bathrooms.
- If registering by mail, please send a completed health form to the camping office at least two weeks before the camp begins.
- If you have special dietary needs not addressed on the health form, please contact the camp at least two weeks in advance. (Contact information below.)
- You will be contacted by email closer to the start of camp with any additional information specific to your event, as well as current pandemic requirements. Please note that all participants are highly encouraged to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Face coverings may be required in some areas.
- This event will conclude Friday at 11am following a closing worship.
- For registration information, please contact our camp registrar at email@example.com. A non-refundable $75 deposit is required to hold your spot. This deposit will not be refunded but may be transferred to another session. All balances should be paid at least two weeks before camp unless prior arrangements have been made.
- For program or camp related questions please contact Jane Petke, Suttle Lake Camp Director
- For road conditions call 511 or check http://www.tripcheck.com/