Become a Paid Staff Member
Summer Staff applicants must meet the following requirements
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all children, youth, and adults.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willingness to share faith that is meaningful but also respectful to guests of different or no faith backgrounds.
- Understand the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults with positivity.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in designated camp program areas such as swimming, boating, archery, games etc.
- Lifeguard Certification is highly recommended for Applicants
Physical Aspects of the Job
- Ability to communicate, work with, and instruct campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Click here to see a list of available paid positions
Some physical requirements of a Summer Staff position could be endurance including prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs; willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.